Pineapple Letting Limited Privacy Notice
This notice explains what information we collect, when we collect it and how we use such information. During the course of our activities, we will process personal data (which may be held on paper, electronically, or otherwise) about you and we recognise the need to treat it in an appropriate and lawful manner. The purpose of this notice is to make you aware of how we will handle your information.
Who are we?
Pineapple Letting Limited ("we" or "us") take the issue of security and data protection very seriously and strictly adhere to guidelines published in the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679 which is applicable from the 25th May 2018, together with any domestic laws subsequently enacted.
We are registered as a Data Controller with the Office of the Information Commissioner under registration number Z1621304 and we are the data controller of any personal data that you provide to us.
Any questions relating to this notice and our privacy practices should be sent to Pineapple Letting Limited at 24 Manchester Road, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 1BG.
How we collect information from you and what information we collect
We collect information about you:
- From your application for accommodation
- From your use of the NLA Forms downloaded and completed from the NLA website (including but not limited to creating tenancy agreements, guarantor agreements, or notice), and
- During the course of your tenancy and its renewals (if applicable).
We collect the following information about you:
- Tenant name, e-mail address, telephone number, Date of Birth, address (including any previous addresses), marital status, National Insurance Number, nationality (to check your immigration status and ensuring compliance with Right To Rent), passport number, Visa (if applicable), next of kin, name of university or college where you are studying (if applicable), the name of friends that you are staying with (if applicable);
- Guarantor name, e-mail address, telephone number, Date of Birth, address (including any previous addresses), marital status, National Insurance Number, nationality, next of kin (if applicable);
- Property address; term, rent, deposit, utility and service responsibilities;
- The employment status of tenants and/or guarantors, address, contact details (including email, phone and fax numbers) of the employer/accountant, payroll numbers, length of employment, salary information (including any regular overtime or commission), and any other income received;
- Bank account details of the tenant, including account number and sort code, and any hire purchase/loan agreements/credit cards or store cards that you have; and
- Any welfare benefits that you may be eligible for or are currently on.
Why we need this information about you and how it will be used
We need your information and will use your information:
- to undertake and perform our obligations and duties to you in accordance with the terms of our contract with you – i.e. performance of our obligations under your tenancy agreement;
- to enable us to supply you with the services and information which you have requested;
- to help you to manage your tenancy;
- to carry out due diligence on any prospective tenant, including whether there is any money judgements against them, or any history of bankruptcy or insolvency;
- to analyse the information we collect so that we can administer, support and improve and develop our business and the services we offer;
- to contact you in order to send you details of any changes to our suppliers which may affect you; and
- for all other purposes consistent with the proper performance of our operations and business.
We would ask that you keep us up to date with any changes in your personal details such as email address or telephone numbers, because without doing so the level of our services which we provide to you may be compromised.
Sharing of Your Information
We are fully committed to protecting your privacy and client confidentiality. For this purpose, we will never sell or share your personal information to or with third parties for marketing purposes.
We may disclose your information to other third parties who act for us for the purposes set out in this notice or for purposes approved by you, including the following:
- If we enter into a joint venture with or merged with a business entity, your information may be disclosed to our new business partners or owners;
- To carry out due diligence on you as a prospective tenant/ guarantor, including but not limited to the carrying out of affordability checks, due diligence checks and the obtaining of references from relevant parties, whose data you have provided;
- If you request so, your information shall be disclosed in order to determine if there are any money judgements against you, as the prospective tenant/guarantor, or to determine if they have a history of bankruptcy or insolvency;
- If you are unable to make payments under your tenancy, your information may be disclosed to any relevant party assisting in the recovery of this debt or the tracing of you as a tenant;
- In the creation, renewal or termination of the tenancy, your information will be disclosed to the relevant local authority, tenancy deposit scheme administrator, service/utility providers, freeholder, factor, facilities manager or any other relevant person or organisation in connection with this.
- We may, on occasion, share your email address or telephone numbers with employees or contractors who are providing services to you during the course of your tenancy; and
- To verify your identity for security purposes to enable us to provide the services above.
Transfers outside the UK and Europe
Your information will only be stored within the UK and EEA.
The security of your personal data is of a paramount importance to us. When you give us your data, we take technical, physical and administrative steps to make sure that it is kept safe and secure. Once the time period (as set out below) or reason for retaining or purpose of collecting your personal data has elapsed, we will take measures to destroy or remove any identifying features from it. Our website does not collate any personal data from you.
How long we will keep your information
We review our data retention periods regularly and will only hold your personal data for as long as is necessary for the relevant activity, or as required by law (we may be legally required to hold certain types of information), or as set out in any relevant contract we have with you.
Please note that some of your information forms part of our business records and will be kept for a minimum of six years in case we need to use it to maintain a defence or submit a claim in court. The U.K’s tax or some other regulatory authority may also legally require us to keep it.
Our full retention schedule is available at 24 Manchester Road, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 1BG.
We may also be required by law to give information to legal authorities should they lawfully request it, either via legislation or via a court order or search warrant.
Should you ever wish to make a complaint, we will always record the information you have given to us during your complaint (such information may be held on paper, electronically, or otherwise) and this information shall be used to analyse and resolve such complaint. If the complaint relates to a service provided by a third party, the resolution of such complaint may require us to pass on such information to such a party. What information we share will be decided on a case by case basis and will be at our absolute discretion.
You have the right at any time to:
- ask for a copy of the information about you held by us in our records;
- require us to correct any inaccuracies in your information; and
- make a request to us to delete what personal data of yours we hold.
If you would like to exercise any of your rights above please contact us, Pineapple Letting Limited, at 24 Manchester Road, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 1BG or email us at .
Generally, information will be provided to you for free, however in certain circumstances, we may charge a reasonable fee, such as when your request is deemed to be repetitive or excessive or if the information has already been provided to you recently.
Should you wish to complain about the use of your information, we would ask that you contact us at 24 Manchester Road, Wilmslow, SK9 1BG or email us at , to resolve this matter in the first instance. You also have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office in relation to our use of your information. The Information Commissioner’s contact details are noted below:
Information Commissioner's Office
Wycliffe House, Water Lane
Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF
Telephone: 0303 123 1113
The accuracy of your information is important to us - please help us keep our records up to date by informing us of any changes to your email address and other contact details.